St. Isidore School Curriculum is based on the guidelines and standards set by the Joliet Diocesan Catholic Schools. We use the Catholic Curriculum Standards set by the diocese. Our curriculum reflects our Catholic identity, and moral values are infused throughout the curriculum on all grade levels and all subjects. Our aim will be to assist you, as parents, in developing Christian values and attitudes in your children.
We continually strive to strengthen the development of excellence in curriculum and instruction by:
Using engaging teaching strategies
- Providing the experiences and guidance that students need to achieve to their highest ability
- Using engaging teaching strategies
- Using technology in many forms to enhance daily instruction
- Encouraging students to be life-long learners
- Enhancing Math Instruction and differentiation with the use of small Math Groups and several grade level appropriate websites
- Continuing the infusion of Catholic Social teaching into all subject areas.
- Implementing Catholic Curriculum Standards in all Language Arts Instruction which includes using writing across the curriculum
- Continuing to implementing the diocesan fine arts and technology standards, goals and assessments
- Using exploration, content reading and individual projects to enrich student understanding of science with the Catholic Curriculum Standards as the basis for instruction
- Implementing STREAM (Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Art and Math) Instruction throughout all grade levels culminating in a STREAM Evening in the Spring of 2018
- Constantly searching for “best practice” ideas that will enhance classroom instruction