The St. Isidore School Board is an advisory board consisting of nine parishioners, the principal, and the pastor. The board helps form policies, which give direction to the programs in the school within the guidelines and regulations, established by the Joliet Diocesan Schools Office and the Joliet Diocesan School Board. School Board members serve a three year term which allows for 3 new members annually.
School Board members act as liaisons between School Board and school families. They may introduce topics of general interest and concern among school families.
School board is not involved in staffing and academic decisions and/or issues. Official responsibilities of School Board members include but are not limited to:
- Consistent attendance at open monthly board meetings that are usually held in the Church large meeting room on the 4th Tuesday of the month at 7pm.
- Participate in one of the following committees, according to background and interest level: Development, Communication, Finance, Legislative, Recruitment, Alumni relations.
- Discuss and approve tuition rates and fundraising activities
- Participate in various events, such as the 3-on-3, Dinner Dance Auction, and Open House
- Sponsor breakfast on a Sunday morning in January to kick-off Catholic Education Week
- Attend School Board sponsored all-school meetings, such as the State of the School meeting
- Discuss information given by HSA and the Athletic Board, both of which report to school board
SCHOOL BOARD MEMBERS
Fr. James Murphy – Pastor
Cynthia Collins – Principal
Evan Callender – President
Jeff Hagan –Vice President
Tania Carrasco – Secretary